Thursday, February 3, 2011

I've spent quite a lot of time

this week cuddling Miss M.  She's so amazing.  She fills up my heart, and hearing her laughter is the biggest blessing in my day.  I really do adore this girl ~ she's 14, with a wicked sense of humor and a love of Sheryl Crow, Jason Mraz, Metallica (yes, still!), and Queen.  She hates Alanis Morrisette with a purple passion.  Actually, she will love almost any song if Mama sings along with it, despite my lack of skills when singing the Dixie Chicks or Linda Ronstadt. I played Aretha Franklin's "Natural Woman" earlier this afternoon and she went absolutely wild. 

(An aside: I love my iPod, and must remember to thank my sister again for the iTunes gift card she put in my stocking...I saved it until yesterday, when I read an email offering all decades of the top 25 love songs for only sixty-nine cents each.  It amuses me that the tunes were sixty-nine cents each in honor of Valentine's Day.  Poetic pricing, eh? LOL) 

She's a confirmed American Idol watcher, for the first time.  We couldn't watch when Simon was on it ~ his vitriol made me incredibly uncomfortable.  Steven Tyler is still hot, and I love J Lo, so I am enjoying this immensely, especially since M and I are watching together.  :)

Being at home due to Icepocalypse 2011!!1111one!1! is making it hard for me to feel connected and nourished.  I crave my time at work, for the varied and interesting duties I perform but mostly for the relationships I am building there.  I feel so positive when I'm doing my job that not having that constant smile on makes me feel a mite dull.  Maddy is a great companion, but she's not a very good conversationalist.  I get tired of my own voice!

Which means that blogging? Is redundant.  Especially since I don't feel comfortable talking about the one new thing going on in my life right now.  I don't have any idea who is reading or what they'll share with whom. That keeps me from talking about any number of things, of course, including some of my rage and pain (yes, I still battle it from time to time) but really? That simple fact makes it almost impossible to write about dating, new relationships, sex and the newly-single woman.... It makes me question whether I should leave this blog open or close it down and move again. *sigh*   

More later. Gotta change a poopy diaper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment