Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Silence

He went on vacation.  Left on Wednesday and came back sometime last night.  Didn't call the child while he was gone.  No texts.  No contact at all.

I am not surprised.

Our child has multiple special needs.  Caring for her is a full-time job.  I have help (via a Medicaid waiver program) or I couldn't do it.  I work outside the home.  I work inside the home.  I'm always on duty.  Period.  I have never, even once, gone 24 hours without talking to the person who is caring for our daughter.

He went six days without contact.

Yet he considers himself an involved, loving father.

What is wrong with this picture?

Heck, what is RIGHT with this picture?

Nothing.  There is nothing right here.  She's crying: upset that her beloved daddy is not coming home or calling her to tell her that he loves her.  She's just beginning to understand that he isn't coming back.  She's distressed, clingy, and to add insult to injury, she's sick with a nasty cold. 

I am exercising superhuman restraint.  I want to kill him and dump his body in the river.  Instead, I am struggling to find the words that will make him understand that he isn't hurting me by leaving...he's hurting her by avoidance techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment